Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Aval Almond Payasam(Almond poha kheer)

Aval(Poha) always reminds me of Lord Krisha as it was his favorite.This payasam is made especially on Krisna Jayanthi. Everytime I make something out of aval I keep it first before Krishna even before I taste it. Making a payasam/kheer with aval is so easy that you can make it in a few minutes. It tastes so good no wonder Lord krishna liked it. I ran out of cashew nuts and hence I used Almonds and infact I liked it. Aval and almond rhymes well too...This is a very traditional recipe and I love trying traditional recipes which have a great story attached to it ....



Ingredients 
Aval/Poha - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Almonds - 5-6
Raisins- 4-5
Elachi powder- 1/2 tsp
Milk - 2 cups


Preparation Method
Add 1 tbsp of ghee and fry the almonds(I prefer to break them into half) and raisins. Keep them aside.
In the same pan add the remaining ghee and roast the Aval. Now add the milk and let the aval cook.
Add the elachi powder and once the aval is cooked add the sugar.
Let it cook for 4-5 minutes. Now garnish it with almonds and raisins and payasam is ready for your feast...

No comments:

Post a Comment