Sunday, August 22, 2010

Indian butter biscuit

Indian butter biscuit(Ghee biscuit)

This biscuit was inspired from the ghee biscuit my mom used to make when I was a small kid. She managed it so well to bake a cookie without an oven. She used to make it in a tava with hot sand on it. I still remember eating so many of them once she makes it. Having said enough about my love for these biscuits I love to make these yummy ones for my daughter now. She loves the heart shaped ones hence I make more of them.
Here comes my version of butter biscuit.





Ingredients

All purpose flour/maida - 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4th of a cup
A pinch of salt
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Butter - 3/4th of a cup
oil for greasing the baking tray


Preparation Method
  • Mix all purpose flour,salt,baking soda and baking powder together.
  • Now add sugar to a bowl and cream the butter. Now add this mixture to the flour little by little and make it into a soft dough by kneading it.
  • Make balls out of this and flatten them out. You can make them small as it doubles in size when you bake it.
  • If you like to make different shapes roll the dough thick and use a cookie cutter to cut them out.
  • I usually start to preheat the oven at 350 degrees when I am done with making the cookies.
  • Keep it in the refrigerator for 4-5 mins.
  • Now place it in a greased baking tray and bake them for about 15-20 mins.
  • After 20 mins switch the oven off and keep it inside for 10 more mins.
Now you can take them cool them off.Yummy crispy cookies are ready. I usually sprinkle dried coconut powder on the cookies after I arrange them on the baking tray.. Its optional though..

No comments:

Post a Comment